1. Schwarzkopf Extra Care Volume Powder - full size (RRP: $8.99 for 10g)
I'm feeling a bit "meh" about this product. Lack of volume in my hair is not a concern, so I'm not entirely sure if I'll end up using this. Having said that, it would be interesting to see if the claims are true. I wonder if this could be used as a dry shampoo as well.
2. PHYT'S Lait Hydro-Nettoyant and Soin Riche Protecteur - 3ml each (RRP: Lait Hydro-Nettoyant - $43 for 200ml; Soin Riche Protecteur - $78 for 40ml)
Soin Riche Protecteur - "Certified organic daily moisturiser for very dry and sensitive skin."
These two samples are a dud for me. Firstly, it's in evil satchels of 3ml each... ain't nobody got that for that. I don't think it's enough for anyone to figure out if it's suitable for them, especially when they cost so much. Secondly, it's for dry skin, which I do not have. I wish Lust Have It included this as a bonus, instead of an actual product because this is certainly disappointing to have received as a "deluxe" sample.
3. Knotties by Condition Culture Hair Ties (RRP: USD$6.25)
Not entirely sure about their "newest innovation" claim, as they work and look the same as Twistbands. However, I'm not going to complain about getting these, as I always need hair ties. They seem to disappear as frequently as bobby pins.
4. Swisse Hand Cream with Vitamin F and Pomegrante - 30ml (RRP: $29.95 for 500ml)
Another product I'm a bit "meh" about. I have received this in a Bellabox sometime last year (read here), and I haven't even used that yet. I'm just not a big hand cream person, so I'll be passing this on to mum, who has really dry hands.
5. California Mango Natural Hand and Body Lotion (RRP: USD$3.49 for 57ml)
So many thoughts running through my head. I think I shall use bullet points to organise my thoughts.
- I think this is a bigger than full size product... first for a beauty subscription box?
- Another hand lotion!?! I guess it is the season for hand lotions, and this is also suitable for the body.
- I must be living in a cave, as I have never heard of this brand in my life before, and it's "one of the most popular lotions used today".
- It smells really yummy, like mangoes. It doesn't feel greasy on my skin. I will most likely keep this and use it on my body.
6. Nude by Nature Natural Tinted Mineral Moisturizer with Sunscreen - full size (RRP: $19.95 for 30ml)
"This Natural Tinted Mineral Moisturizer helps to form a fine, protective layer to prevent ageing. It enables the skin to retain the moisture it requires with a natural tint that covers blemishes and creates a smooth, flawless complexion. Perfect to wear under foundation as a primer or by itself for an even radiant complexion."
This was revealed on the LHI's facebook page prior to the shipment of July's box. I haven't had much luck with Nude by Nature, so I'm not all that excited about this product.
7. Colorsmash by Condition Culture Hair Shadow - 3g (RRP: USD$15 for 4.1g)
I've always wanted to try hair chalk but never bothered because of my naturally dark locks. I do have blonde highlights, but I like them the colour that they are (or maybe just a few shades blonder). The colour I received is called Gold Rush. I have looked at the hair swatches for this particular shade on the condition culture website (here), and I'm not sure if I'll ever use this, as it looks a tat too brassy for my liking. Although, I guess it'll be a good way to experiment and test out the quality of these hair chalk-type things.
8. Health Essentials Maqui Berry Active - 6g (RRP: $45 for 150g)
Holy guacamole! $45 for 150g?! I don't buy these type of super organic foods, so I'm not sure if that is a reasonable price. But I don't think I'm going to ever start if that's how much they costs! This is a bonus sample. Not sure if I'll ever bother giving this a go, since I refuse to spend $45 on this.
Having finished going through all the products in this month's LHI, I can conclude that I'm not impressed despite receiving 8 products. I believe strongly in "quality over quantity" and I'm not excited by any of the products in this box. The only things I'd definitely use are the hair ties and the california mango hand and body lotion.
What did you receive in your LHI box? Were you impressed?
If you'd like to subscribe to Lust Have It, you can get $5 off your first box by using the code "Wallet". To subscribe, click here.